ATTO Advanced Data Streaming (ADS) Technology
Latency Management Technology for the Highest Consistent Performance
Latency management technology is built into ATTO host bus adapters (HBAs) and RAID hardware. Advanced Data Streaming manages latency to provide controlled acceleration for smooth data streaming to maintain the highest consistent performance. ADS ensures best-in-industry data transfers for high-bandwidth applications, which means better performance for end-users.
- Bus Mastering eliminates the need for communicating with the host CPU by transferring data directly between the ATTO host adapter and system memory. This relieves the CPU from the burden of managing protocol activities and increases system bandwidth for other applications.
- Tagged Command Queuing allows for multiple I/O commands to be processed in any order, improving overall performance of read and write requests to hard drives.
- Disconnect/Reconnect increases bus performance by eliminating wait time between an ATTO host adapter and other devices. This enables dynamic sharing of the bus bandwidth in sophisticated environments.
- Advanced algorithms are implemented to provide optimized performance for workgroup applications such as digital content creation, rich media, prepress and databases.
ATTO's exclusive Advanced Data Streaming (ADS) is a proprietary technology built into ATTO Host Adapters that is designed to manage latency in high-bandwidth work environments. ADS provides controlled acceleration of data transfers by utilizing combination of features to move large amounts of data faster and more efficiently, maintaining the highest consistent performance.
From high I/O transactional applications to large bandwidth real-time streaming, ADS reduces project interruptions by maximizing the number of transactions that can be processed by the CPU, resulting in better overall system performance. ADS Technology is incorporated into ATTO's Celerity Fibre Channel Host Adapters and ExpressSAS SAS/SATA Host and RAID Adapters.
Industry's Best Signal Quality
ATTO enginners pay astute attention to the intricacies of signal clarity to ensure smooth and reliable data transfers. For the user, this means the difference between completing projects on time or missing deadlines.
Controlling data acceleration and reducing latency means large amounts of data can move faster and more efficiently, which is essentail for applications such as digital content creation, prepress, databases, and video/audio streaming.
With more than 25 years' experience designing high performance storage connectivity products, ATTO has a long history of providing stable drivers for Windows, Linux, MacOS and VMware.
ATTO Products with ADS Technology
Data transfer performance is smooth and reliable.
Competitor Products Without ADS
Disrupted transfer with peaks and drops. Transfer rate dips below optimal performance levels.
ATTO's heritage of pioneering solid-state storage technology means that all products are engineered to manage latency in real-time environments:
- Higher application performance = better productivity
- Better transaction processing = faster time to revenue and critical business decisions
- Ability to handle larger workloads and client counts
Optimized Driver Algorithms
Many generations of driver codes maximize stability and optimization for workgroup applications
Relieves CPU burden by transferring data directly between ATTO products and system memory
Tagged Command Queuing
Multiple I/O commands can be processed in any order, improving read and write requests to hard drives
Eliminates wait time between ATTO products and other devices, enabling dynamic sharing of bus bandwidth